Turner's Fine Furniture Store History
Turner's Fine Furniture has grown from a modest start in a hardware store in Pelham Georgia, to a multi-city enterprise thanks to the dedication of four generations of the Turner family.
Established in a hardware store in 1915 by the late M.W. Turner Sr. of Pelham, GA, the family furniture enterprise has evolved to become one of south Georgia's leading furniture retailers.
In the early 1920's, M.W. Turner Sr. owned 40 percent of a hardware business when he asked his son to join him in business. So the assets were divided and the Turner's moved up the street.
Despite the economic hard times of the Great Depression and the troubles of World War II, the company continued to grow. The hardware store began to flourish and the two Turner's expanded into furniture with second hand furniture on display in their store. Although they kept the hardware line for many years after, by 1942 they handled mostly furniture and expanded to a new store in Bainbridge.
Soon, it seemed as though the company would grow again and sure enough, in 1956, the business expanded to include a new store in Tifton, Georgia.
In 1961, shortly after the Tifton store opened, Moses Wright Turner III became involved in the business, and in 1976, he opened a fourth store in Valdosta.
By the early nineties, the fourth generation of Turner's was an active part of the company. In 1988 Wright's son, Fortson Turner, went to work as manager of the Tifton Store. In 1993 Austin Turner became the manager of the new Albany location.
Today, Turner's Furniture has locations in Albany, Tifton, Thomasville and Valdosta, with budget store locations in all four towns plus one in Moultrie.
Turner's furniture is guaranteed to handle all your home furnishing needs. From accessories, bedding, living room groups and office furniture all the way to outdoor and patio furnishings, Turner's Furniture offers a wide variety of styles and product.